The Old Colony depot saw a second life as a bus station in the 1940s. In 1950, Joseph Duarte replaced it with a garage and service station for Duarte Motors, his Chevrolet and Oldsmobile dealership. The rear of the building is a modestly handsome International-style pavilion with such remarkable touches as the blind oculus pictured here. It is now known as Duarte’s Mall, home of Riley’s Beach Supply Store. The partners in that store — Michael Riley, Mike Riley Jr., and Steven Riley — bought the enormous contiguous parcel composed of Nos. 132, 134, and 136 Bradford (and the abutting 10 Conwell Street) from Margaret S. Duarte for $6.3 million in 2015.
¶ Last updated on 21 August 2016.