Home

2020 Commercial 120AWhorf’s Lane.

Not to be confused with Whorf’s Court, just 37 feet to the east, Whorf’s Lane is a 100-foot-long, four-foot-wide right-of-way between 120 Commercial Street and 122 Commercial Street. It leads from the street to a landlocked parcel that is effectively the back yard of 4 Whorf’s Court. It is referred to as “Whorf’s Lane” in at least two deeds from the early 20th century.¹ The landlocked parcel was part of 120 Commercial Street until 1954, when it was split off.² It’s now owned by William T. Vukowich, who also owns 4 Whorf’s Court.

¶ Last updated on 17 November 2018.


120A Commercial Street on the Town Map.


Thumbnail image: Tax Map (2015), Town of Provincetown, Plate 6-4.


¹ Daniel Williams to Seth Smith, 27 February 1906, Barnstable County Registry of Deeds, Book 275, Page 513; Seth Smith to Alice Williams, 27 February 1906, Barnstable County Registry of Deeds, Book 275, Book 514.

² Alma D. Welsh to Robert Cabral, 20 October 1954, Barnstable County Registry of Deeds, Book 888, Page 423.


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.