Home
2020 Commercial 098 DxO

(2008)

Binwood Condominium.

“Binwood” is a portmanteau formed of the names of Cynthia Binder and Cheryl Lockwood, who established the five-unit condo in 1985. Previously, the home had been owned for almost a quarter of a century — 1928 to 1951 — by Anna Mae Lewis, a devoted friend of and companion to Edith Linwood Bush (1882-1977), who lived next door, at 96 Commercial Street. Lewis sold the property to Arthur Webster, who flipped it the next year when his family could not get a common victualer’s license to open a restaurant here. The proprietors of the Norse Wall House, E. Ruth Rogers (1919-2004) and her husband, Francis E. Rogers (1916-1973), were the purchasers. They established the Norse Wall Annex here. Mrs. Rogers sold the property in 1984 to Binder.

For a view of Unit 1, please see 98 Commercial Street.

For a view of Unit 5, the garage, please see 98 Commercial Street.

¶ Last updated on 27 August 2018.


Grave sites in Provincetown

Rogers, E Ruth. Find a Grave Memorial 171007500.

Rogers, Francis. Find a Grave Memorial 171007433.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.