Race Run Condominium (Units 2 and 3).
The four-unit Race Run condo, set up in 1998 by William F. Smith, has a commercial component at 53 Bradford Street: the former Race Run Sporting Center store, which was run by William’s parents, Joseph and Marilyn S. Smith. There are also three residential units. Two are in the main house, and another is in the back shed. The Smiths bought the property in 1952 from Frank Raymond Sr. and Georgie S. Raymond. Young William was accepted at the Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston in 1963. In the late ’70s, he and his brother Edward J. Smith offered lath art through Driftwood Originals.
¶ Last updated on 27 March 2018.