Stephen Hilliard (±1809-1852).
Hilliard began a wholesale fish business in 1836, built Hilliard’s Wharf in 1846, and was among the first trustees of the Seamen’s Savings Bank in 1852, the year he died at the age of 44. The monument at Lot No. 166 also honors his wife, Sarah Cook Hilliard (1812-1892), and their children, Stephen A. Hilliard (±1836-1869), and Sarah Hilliard (±1838-1864).
¶ Last updated on 25 June 2017.