Race Point Light II.
The lighthouse that stands today, flashing white every 10 seconds, was built in 1876. It is a 40-foot-high cylindrical tower of cast iron and brick. Before electrification in 1957, the lamp burned kerosene oil. It was automated in 1972. The Cape Cod Chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation leased the station in 1995. Volunteers under Jim Walker began a restoration project in 1996 that has rejuvenated the landmark. Solar panels were installed in 2003 and a wind turbine was added in 2007.
¶ Adapted from Building Provincetown (2015).