Race Point Light Keeper’s House.
The keeper’s house was built in 1874-76 and used until 1972, when Race Point Light was automated. “The keeper’s house was all but forgotten following the automation, and it remained closed and neglected for almost 20 years until in 1995 when the site would be leased to the New England Lighthouse Foundation,” James W. Claflin wrote in Historic Cape Cod Lighthouses: Race Point. It opened to paying guests in 1997, yielding needed revenue.
¶ Last updated on 16 April 2017.