Henry Cowing house [Long Point Settlement No. 52].
On a small peninsula at the west end of the Lobster Plain, Henry Cowing had both a residence and a storehouse. His home was barged over to 1 Point Street. A Henry W. Cowing was shown in 1869 as a grocer at 64 Commercial Street, in the old-style denomination of a site roughly where Cap’n Jack’s Wharf is today. The same Cowing appears in the late 1870s among the selectmen, assessors, and overseers of the poor.
¶ Last updated on 12 February 2017.