In what is now a side yard at No. 34 stood a one-story market run by Manuel Cabral, who lived in the main house. The store was up and running no later than 1937. Cabral was succeeded in 1959 by Phillip and Elaine Cabral. Anthony Silva purchased the business in 1966. There are later references to the market being at No. 42.
¶ Last updated on 13 July 2016. ¶ Image courtesy of Joseph Andrews.
Susan Leonard wrote on 26 May 2010: Phillip and Elaine Cabral ran it when they purchased the store in 1959 from Manny Cabral. It was already Cabral’s Market when they bought it.