The original part of the house — presumably under the gable that faces directly on to Bradford Street — was built in the mid-19th century, according to the Provincetown Historic Survey. Frank Rogers owned it until 1874, when Anna Patrie bought it for $700. From Patrie (perhaps a corruption of “Patrick” on the deed document?), it passed into the hands of the Patrick family, whose members deeded the lot in 1939 to Bertha (Patrick) Francis (1880-1969). Bertha’s brother Joseph Patrick was the founding proprietor of Patrick’s News Store at 306 Commercial. She married Antone Francis (1873-1935), a storekeeper. They lived at 280 Commercial. After he died, Bertha acquired 8 Bradford, where she would live for the next 30 years; joined in time by her sister Mary (Patrick) Rogers (d 1948) and her brother Levi Patrick (d 1964), a house painter.
Mary Joy McNulty, best known today as the proprietor of the Lobster Pot, bought the property from the Francis estate in 1972, with Jean Ann Siar (d 2003). McNulty had just arrived in Provincetown from Bedford Hills, N.Y. She and Siar soon opened J’s Port of Call restaurant at the Crown & Anchor. Siar sold the property in 1978 to Richard J. Blanchette (b 1939) and John E. Albacker. They transferred the title to Blanchette alone in 1986. He sold it in 2004 to Albert R. Perkins (b 1971), the manager of the Surf Club, who continues to own it. From 2005 to 2008, Todd D. Kusy co-owned the property with Perkins.
¶ Last updated on 10 July 2016.