14 Bangs Street.
Daniel B. Milnor, who has owned this property since 1997 with the Swiss architect Daniele Claudio Taddei, summarized its history on the website under which the house’s two units are offered for rent: “The house was built in the 1850s by Solomon Bangs, a descendant of Edward Bangs, who arrived on the Anne, the sister ship to the Mayflower, in Plymouth in July 1623. Solomon built most of the houses on Bangs Street and named the street after himself! His wife, Rosilla Rich Bangs, has the curious notoriety of being the only fatality of the building of the Monument.
“The house was sold to the Fratus family in 1897 and was occupied by descendants of their family, Joe and Catherine Creamer, until 1996. Joe was head of the Water Department in Provincetown. The house remained largely unchanged until 1997, when it was brought into the 21st century by a Swiss architect.”
Doug Erhart wrote on 22 June 2016: The history is provided by Daniel Milnor not Daniele Taddei. [Corrected.]
¶ Last updated on 22 June 2016.