Constructed before 1850, this was owned in 1910 by M. Dewager. From 1952 to 1970, this was the home of Jocelyn M. Lewis (b ±1913), one of the legendary ranks of Provincetown operators who kept the town connected before 1966. Lewis was the supervisor on the night of the vast Northeast blackout of 1965, when the operators at 100 Bradford Street were the town’s only link to the outside world. As recently as the 1980s, a retired fisherman, John Gomes (b 1886), and a retired Coast Guardsman, Edward Cook (b 1908), were living here. Khristine C. Hopkins (b 1950) and Clarence D. Beal III (b 1959) bought it from the Cook family in 1996.
¶ Last updated on 26 October 2012.