Our journey down Alden Street begins with the Adams family, which has owned this building since 1966. The core of the house was constructed before the Civil War. Like many — if not most — houses in Provincetown, it has since grown by accretion. It was the home of one J. Silva in 1910, according to a street atlas from that time, when a “J. Silva” could have been one of about 20 in town. Emidio Santos owned the property in the 1950s. Mary Joseph Santos sold the house in 1966 to Howard D. Adams (b ±1931), a fish handler, and his wife, Bertha Louise (Avelino) Adams (b 1938). She was still living there in 2012, with their son Ernest J. Adams (b 1958), a retired maintenance worker.
¶ Last updated on 24 October 2012.