Province Lands Visitor Center.
The signature National Seashore building is the hexagonal Province Lands Visitor Center of 1967-69, which replaced the Grand View Tower of 1955, a rudimentary but well-loved viewing platform. The center was designed by Benjamin Biderman of the National Park Service’s Eastern Office of Design and Construction. F. Clifford Pearce Jr., who designed the Race Point bathhouse and Beech Forest comfort station, also worked on this job. Plate-glass windows on the main level and a wrap-around upper deck take great advantage of the siting. The low-slung, shingled roof seems a perfect Cape Cod expression of the Mission 66 construction program.
¶ Adapted from Building Provincetown (2015).