“Commercial Street” is a somewhat misleading address for this house — and those numbered 128B and 130A — since it actually sits on Briggs Lane, a delightful little Easter egg of a pathway, four feet wide and 450 feet long, connecting Commercial and Bradford Streets through a patchwork of yards and retaining walls. Raymond Peloquin (1938-2009) and Edward J. Sims bought the property in 1984. Sims relinquished his interest the next year. Peloquin was an Air Force veteran. He operated the Mazel Tov Restaurant at 199 Commercial Street, and worked at the Provincetown Inn, 1 Commercial Street; Gifford House, 9-11 Carver Street; and Archie’s Drugstore, 222-224 Commercial Street, on the ground floor of King Hiram’s Lodge. In 1997, Peloquin added his partner, Robert Paster, to the deed. That was the year the couple bought 128 Commercial Street, bringing the properties under common ownership. Together with title, the owner of 128A Commercial Street acquires the right to use Briggs Lane, as set forth in a 1969 stipulation.
¶ Last updated on 21 December 2018.
128A Commercial Street on the Town Map.
For further reading online
• Robert Paster
Author page, Amazon.
Digital Mind Math website.
• Raymond Peloquin
“Raymond Peloquin, Veteran, Worked in Restaurant Business,” The Provincetown Banner/Wicked Local, 28 April 2009.
Find a Grave Memorial No. 119489523.