Edgewater Condominium (Building B).
Six years after the death of Emma Louise (Smith) Marshall (1893-1980), a trustee for her estate sold 153 Commercial Street to Donald C. McNeilly and Bernard Frank Cullen. They converted the property the next year into the Edgewater Condominium, with four units in the main house. According to municipal records, this single-family unit in the condo complex was constructed behind the main house in 1989. It occupies roughly the site of Manuel Silva’s studio, which was rented to artists — apparently including Jack Tworkov — until it was destroyed in a 1932 fire. The condo is currently owned by an individual in Auburndale through an L.L.C.
Building B of the Edgewater Condominium in a 2019 photo by David W. Dunlap.
¶ Last updated on 7 January 2020.
153 Commercial Street on the Town Map.
Also at 153 Commercial Street:
• Edgewater Condominium (Building A) | TJ Walton Gallery (Unit 1).
• Edgewater Condominium (Building C).
Thumbnail image: Photo, 2019, by David W. Dunlap.