Dr. Daniel H. Hiebert (1889-1972).
For more than a half century, the town doctor meant only one person: Daniel Hiebert. While others came and went, he “delivered most of the babies, cared for injured fishermen, counseled the aged, and supplied medications to people who didn’t the money to pay for them,” Peter Manso wrote in Ptown (2002). He and his wife, Emily Hiebert (1894-1985), who owned Captain Jack’s Wharf, share a grave stone inscribed with a caduceus. Their daughter Ruth was a prominent philanthropist in town.
¶ Last updated on 25 June 2017.
Provincetown’s Historic Cemeteries and Memorials, Key A-88, Page 26.