Race Point Ranger Station | Former Coast Guard Station Race Point.
The Coast Guard built its own Station Race Point from 1930 to 1931 on the site of the old Life-Saving Station, reusing a number of out buildings, including the barn and the stable. The imposing three-and-a-half story main building — constructed as a dormitory and as a lookout — has a hipped roof and a neo-Classical portico, with a monitor roof that was added around 1960. After the Coast Guard moved into town in 1979 , this station was taken over by the National Park Service and is used today by the Rangers. It underwent a major rehabilitation in 2010-2011.
¶ Last updated on 22 April 2017.