9-11 Commercial Street (approximate).
It’s a great surprise to find a large wharf this far west, and this early. Collins’s Wharf shows up near Stevens Point in A Map of the Extremity of Cape Cod, Including the Townships of Provincetown & Truro, With a Chart of Their Sea Coast and of Cape Cod Harbor, State of Massachusetts, an exquisite and invaluable reference work prepared at the direction of Major J. D. Graham, a United State topographical engineer, between 1833 and 1835. (On the map, the name is rendered “Collin’s Wharf.”) It seems to have vanished without a trace very long ago, unless the four-and-a-half-foot-wide easement that once existed between the Delft Haven and Ralph Carpenter properties was in some way connected to wharf access.
¶ Last updated on 14 September 2018. ¶ Image from A Map of the Extremity of Cape Cod Including the Townships of Provincetown and Truro, courtesy of the Norman B. Leventhal Map Center at the Boston Public Library, Call No. G3762.C35 1835.G7.