111 Commercial Street.
The 200-foot-long Burch Wharf was used to store nets and fishing gear, Irving S. Rogers wrote in his 1941 thumbnail history, and — overshadowed by the Brooks and Freeman wharves flanking it — “assumed a minor role in the busy scene.” Nonetheless, its structural profile has not greatly changed since the 1880s, even if its structural members have, so it seems fair to place it in that rare category of Provincetown wharves: extant.
For a view of Building 1, on the street, please see 111 Commercial Street.
For a view of Building 2, on the wharf, please see 111 Commercial Street.
For a view of Building 3,on the wharf, please see 111 Commercial Street.
¶ Last updated on 16 September 2018. ¶ Image from Walker’s Bird’s-Eye View of Provincetown (Circa 1910), courtesy of the Norman B. Leventhal Map Center at the Boston Public Library, Call No. G3764.P78A3 1910. W3.